Monday, November 05, 2007

well sorry people, I know I have not been writing these few weeks~
But is okay, you all won't mind (:

Anyway back from ATC
& I tell you, this ATC was horrendous, slack.
Anyway, let me tell you all about the camp as detailed as possible about the sec 3s side only.

Day 1 Friday 02 November 2007
JSS cadets fall in at 2pm and there was bag checking by the sirs and mams.
Sec 2 guys were being trained up toughly by the sirs.
After that, we were told about our groupings and tent groupings.
The groups were Alligator, Bear, Crocodile, Deer, Elephant(which was change to Eagle), Fox, Giraffee, Hippo and Iguana.
I was in group Giraffe together with Meiyu, Huijie, Chang Tong.
Halfway, heard that it was raining heavily at changi there.
Omg, might have to wear ponchos.
Boarded the bus and headed to Changi Ferry Terminal.
The rain had almost stop.
Separated into 3 groups and into the boat we went.

Reached there. The rain had stopped completely.
Started walking for 2.6km~
Cheered all the way there. Halfway, Ms Lim told us to slow down but the sirs couldn't hear so she kept shouting until still no response.
The scene was hilarious with me, shi bin and wei jian laughing all the way.
Haha.
Then finally finally finally we reach the campsite.
Sec 2s went off the bahru while sec 3s stayed in noordin.
Started to pitch tent with each school pitching one tent instead of each group pitching one tent.
After pitching, some of the schools did not know how to pitch so JSS went to help around 3 schools to pitch the tents.
Nothing much actually but we got to pitch our tent for out own sweet time can you imagine that?
Next was dinner with all the ration food. Shared a packet of biscuit with Meiyu.
Ice breaking cum dog-and-bone after that we group alligator.
And I was change to bear group halfway together with Meiyu ):
But is alright to me(:
Bathing time and lights out at 10pm.
& I got to sleep with shi bin because you can choose who to sleep with but no more than 3 person in the same school in one tent.
& there was actually no sentry duty -.-

Day 2 Saturday 03 November 2007
Fall in at 6am. Did a standard physical training. It was good.
Breakfast was a packet of Maggie shared by 5 person.
After that my group proceeded to High Rope Challenge.
There was a short introduction about HRC. The person who introduced about HRC was pervertic -.- He kept saying his favourite topic was underwear and he kept talking about it.
Started HRC and I did not participate because I was scared of heights. I went to the tunnel instead with mostly Jurong People.
Jun jie, wei jian and Che Chen went into the tunnel and they were asked to complete a mission by Mam Cynthia which was to exchange their shirts. Jun jie kept saying "take off your clothes!" Then me, meiyu and tivona sang the "tuo1 diao4" song. Haha. It was a funny scene.

Lunch was not bad. 2 packets of Maggie shared by 3 person with a can of curry chicken.
After that was rafting. It was shiok. But was sunburnt very very very very badly.
But I love rafting the most. Had to built rafting. It was tiring man but going into the sea to raft after that was the best part and the most fun part (:
After that it was going to rain so we did not go out for orienteering. Did the wet weather activities but no one knew how to do orienteering so it was cancelled. Because one group had to plot a place for us. 2nd group had to go find the place and hide. 3rd group had to find the place and find the 2nd group. But the 2nd group which was my group did not know how to do it so was cancelled.

Personal administration and dinner with shi bin sharing a packet of biscuit after that. Soon it was campfire.
The campfire lasted only one and a half hour and the fire was so small that you cannot even feel the heat from the first row. Worse, not all the groups get to perform up there. In the end, after the whole thing they let those group who did not get to perform, to perform. But the feeling was not the same anymore. Didn't the CIs realise that?
Sleeping time but we had debrief which was a secret enclosed to Pulau Ubin training shed there only. So... Anyway, had to sleep at the foyer because the girls tent was infested with ants =/

Day 3 Sunday 04 November 2007
Had a very slack PT at 6am.
Breakfast with JSS cadets cooking 6 packets of milo which was super nice. Just like the one in NCO camp. (:
After that did unpitching the tent for area cleaning.
Then debrief and congrats to best male camper from yuhua sec and best female camper from yuan ching sec. Congrats to the 6 person who were nominated for best camper which include chang tong and mei yu(:
Then walked back to jetty and home sweet home.

Here are my reflections to this camp.
Did you all realise I did not say anything about pumping, punishments or even lecturing and scolding? So do you all even realise how slack this camp was? I would say it was lousy. It was so much worse as compared with last year ATC (FYI: if you want to read about last year camp, go back to my archive and click on August 2006) There has my reflections too. But this year wasn't about the standard of campers. I would blame it on the committee.
Alright, let's just put it, what is the purpose of ATC, I hoped you answer is not just because you want the badge, but rather you want the fun of it. And to get this badge, I am sure there must be some efforts in it. But I don't see any in it.
I feel that ATC should be a tough and strict camp but I was very disappointed in these 2 year camp.
Worse for this year, you stated that the objective of this year camp was to see a responsible, a good team player but I don't see people volunteering to become IC.
The campfire was also lousy. Lousy was the only word I can say. How about sentry duty? It was dangerous not having it you know. The camp coordinator and the assistant camp coordinator was not even united. Forget it. This was the worse camp I have gone to without any punisment.
How else can I even deserve this badge without any hard work? I think NCO camp was better than this camp. I think the overall of this camp was very very bad. I am very truly disppointed in it.

Alright, I typed alot today, to cover up for the last few weeks okays(:

"I know not any thing more pleasant, or more instructive, than to compare experience with expectation, or to register from time to time the difference between idea and reality. It is by this kind of observation that we grow daily less liable to be disappointed."
-Samuel Johnson


tkcare, oneandonly-grace
gRace"]

No comments:

Post a Comment