Saturday, September 27, 2008

hmm,let's start off with some recent events first.
1. F1 formula race - yesterday, today & tomorrow
2. Exams, exams and more exams.
Basically, I think I have forgotten most of them.

Oh yeah, that time I happened to watch a short clip of blogtv.sg(I think).
It stated that it didn't understood why people blogged. Even if they approved of blogging, they found it a waste of time and energy to blog about your random life which they thought it was boring and useless.
They felt that blogging was suppose to mean giving your comments about recent news or events.
However, I thought otherwise. To me, the purpose of blogging is to let you typed out what you feel like typing, instead of just verbally speaking. The fact is that no one will ever read what you write so why not just let us type what we want? Even if it means just randomly typing out your day in life or work, what's wrong with that?
At least you showed that you care about your life isn't? Hmmm...

Anyway, happened to board the bus one evening and saw an incident.
The incident was about a family of 3 children who are very young. The eldest was the brother, followed by the sister and the youngest brother.
The eldest and the youngest happened to sit beside each other because the youngest was carried by the mother. The daughter was however sitting opposite them. No one seemed to care about her as the mother and both her sons were playing and singing with each other. It made me reminicsed about my own childhood.
Alright, that's not the point. What I'm trying to say is that, no one actually seemed to realised the daughter's existence. Even when there was an empty seat beside her and she kept repeatedly asked her elder brother to accompany her, no one seemed to give her attention.
When I looked at her, she was staring at her brothers and her mother. Her mother even stared at her and asked to her be quiet.
What struck me was 2 things.
1. Is the mother biased towards their sons in this modern society? I thought this was only a tradition in the past? Also, the mother had given birth to her, so shouldn't she treat all her children with equal respect? In this society, are we still seeing these type of people, who are and still going for boys instead of girls? Oh please, I believed that girls nowadays are so much better than guys. Girls can do what boys can, but I doubt boys can do otherwise right? ><
2. Looking at the girl, I could sense the loneliness in her. She was so sad, longing to be part of the enjoyment and attention her brothers was receiving. Why didn't anyone gave her atttention? She kept staring and staring and her eyes were quite teary. I felt so sad for her. Her brother should give her some care and concern instead of pretending that she was non-existence. I hope the girl wouldn't mind or what, but I believed she knows what's going on.

Alright that's all.
I typed so long. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment