Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Reflection 2009

This is the first time ever, I've done a serious reflection.

The year 2009, ups and downs were plenty, happiness and sadness evolved all around me.
In a few days time (I wrote this post for a few days alr.), 2010 would be here, and that's goodbye 2009.

In the year 2009,

January
12th Jan, the day I got my results. Both happiness and sadness surge over me. I was both glad and sad. The month I stopped worked. I was happy because it was the first job I've ever done in my whole life.

February
2nd Feb, I stepped into JJC. A whole new change, a whole new environment, everything was so new to me. When I first saw my adminOG, I was glad, elated to see familiar faces from my school. Andy&Mildred were my OGLs, and they worked hard to make us blend into the JJ family, adapt to the new surrounding. And then many things happened to my adminOG, everyone wanted a change of combi, everyone wanted to drop out of LEP. Madness roared in our adminOG. But was finally glad that everything was solved. Chose my subject combination and got into a language class. In fact, it was sucky. Really sucky. Because it was an all-china class. There were only 6 Singaporean out of 22 people. We were left out. We were discriminated. I thought life in JJ was going to be hell. Especially during Orientation, everyone had fun. I didn't. Everyone played hard. I didn't. We had to endure their naggings, had to endure their complains, had to endure their ungentlemenness. I'll never forget how they ruined it. I had loads of fun in my Sec Sch days, esp camps. I came from a UG, so I knew how fun it was to have camps, how fun it was to run camps, how fun it was to be a camper. Also, I knew how tiring it was to plan a camp, how tiring it was to run a camp, how tiring it was to conduct a camp. Thus, I was sad when they didn't participate, because I know in camps, what is important is not how the people run camps, but how we participate. A camp will only be successful when we participate, be high, and be happy over it. But we didn't. I was sad. I was angry.
However, since a coin has 2 flip sides, think about in another way. We are actually fortunate to have known each other. For I strongly it was fate that brought us together, that allow us to be friends and even classmates. I mean China is big, and all of my classmates come from different parts of china. Thus, it is fate that actually brought them from different parts of china to come together and know each other in a country call Singapore. And also, I was glad that it was fate that allow me to know them. To know that they come from different parts of china, to let me see what different parts of china is about, how their characters are about. Thus, even though i dislike them, but hey, just remember: Fate brought us together, to let us know one another. So we should cherish each other because each and everyone is different. From Singapore and from China. But CHina is big, so be glad that you actually knew someone from another part :)

March
There was a cold war between the LEP teachers and us. We hated the chinese HOD department. I'll also never forget how she forced me to take H1 Chinese. And also, it was the time where common test came. Life as a JC student was into full force. Rest was never in our mind. Time was never enough for us. Stress was piling up on us, homework too. It was horrible, horrendous.
Also, it was my virgin trip to China. 13th-26th March. The first time I went to Beijing & Xi'an. My first trip without my family. It was 'The First' to me in everything. Whatever you could name, it was my first. And yet, it suck. The trip suck totally. Whatever you could think of, it suck. Totally. The company, the food, the environment, the teachers.
But also, it was my birthday month! My clique celebrated it with me, they gave me surprise. I was touched.






April
It was the same. Rest was never in our mind. Time was never enough for us. Stress was piling up on us, homework too. It was horrible, horrendous. In a blink of an eye, I was already in JC for 2 mths. Time passes really fast. And it was the time I had a change of CCA. After being in UG for 4 years, all of a sudden, there was no Speech Day, no National Day etc. Parades were the ones that I missed most. I change my CCA into interact club, CSL. I passed the interview and got to fulfil my wishes. I got to volunteer as much as I want. It was fun during my cca. I never regret. Poly started and my clique started their courses too.

May
It was still the same, exams, exams and exams. And I signed up for service learning with MOE. To south view pri sch to try teaching students in chinese. It was quite fun, to me. I enjoyed.
But exams were terrible. I failed badly. I suck in econs, I suck in CLL. I never passed any SINGLE test in econs, any SINGLE test in CLL. I thought I was going to be retained. It was tiring, mentally.

June
A month of holiday. Another special month for me to remember. Here, during this month, I met loads of niceeeeeeeeeee people. 03-08June, I went for Line Camp 2, to Medan, Indonesia. Everything was totally opposite from china. I had real fun, I didn't know what boring was at that time, I didn't know what loneliness was at that time. I only know it was fun. In my mind, I could really spell out fun. I missed those times.






July
Mid-year. It was still the same. Stress stress and stress. Exams exams and exams. It was tiring. I wanted to give up totally. Lectures were horrible, they were killing me. I could not catch up at all. And all in my mind was chinese thesis. PW. On the other hand, relationship with my class was getting better. After the class BBQ, at least they changed. They managed to adapt to the environment and majority of them were actuallly quite nice! I'm glad at least they were willing to change, willing to accept what our environment was about. And that feeling was nice! :)

August
I didnt know what fun was then. Enjoyment, fun, happiness, shoppings. These were not in my mind. Not even rest. In my mind, it was just studies studies and studies. Of course, with teachers telling you "Promos is in a month time, do it or retain."

September
Promos period. Horrible. Gave up totally in CLL. I couldn't attempt any of the questions. I had to try my luck.

October
Promos ended, but not studies. OP rehearsals came to find us. We had to have PW every single free time we had. But at least, I could take a breather.

November
It was the fun time again. Everything ended, finally. Playtime was coming to find me. I went on a CIP trip with CSLs and IS. To yunnan, china, from the 20th-27th November. It was the same feeling I when I went Medan. Everything was fun. Food, environment, company. Anything you list out, it was fun! But also, it was my first time experience. The sch's toilet. My first time ever in my 17 years of life trying their toilet. Alright, shall not disgust it in this post. It was just....(Try it yourself)






December
Everything went in gist. My J1 life was over. It was the end of 2009. I went on LEP@Taiwan from 05-19thDec. Again, the experience was same as Medan&Yunnan. Company, environment, people. Loads and loads of fun. I totally enjoy it. I know I will never get to have this kind of life again. JC life is tough, but you can make it exciting if you want, just like how I make mine exciting. I met loads of new people, I enjoy loads of the trip I went. I was thankful.






So in summary,
2009 was an amazing year for me. Franksly speaking, I had everything I wanted. I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world. In terms of academics, environment, friends, holidays.
Satisfaction was right in front of me.

Studies
It was the year I got my O level results.
It was the year I had a whole new challenge.
It was the year I changed my mindset. I got into JC. Never in my life I will get myself into a JC. I was actually aiming poly throughout my secondary school life. I was hoping for a business course.
Yet, I proved others wrong, I challenged myself. I got into JC. And worse, I took the subject combination which many thought that only crazy people would take. :/
However, I worked hard. Although results doesn't show yet, at least it motivated me somehow. I felt inspired. I wanted to work even harder. Truthfully, I made many setbacks. I wanted to give up. I mean, as a Singaporean, who would ever catch up with those pace of the china students who have actually went through all these back in their hometown? To them, it was a revision. But to us, it was new. Everything N.E.W. What could we do? In chinese lessons, we have to follow them, we have to CATCH UP with them. We cannot let them be restless. We have to learn it ourselves by hook or by crook. Yet in GP lessons, we also have to follow them. We have to SLOW DOWN for them. We have to help them. I do not deny that my GP is good, but what's the point of slowing down for them when they themselves do not even help themselves? Life's unfair I know. What to do? In the end, I had to help myself again and again.
At least, in terms of academics, I met many nice teachers who were willing to help me. They know it is tough, they know it wasn't easy. And they choose to help me. For that, I thank you. I will continue to work harder because next year will be even tougher.

Friends
Like I've said, I've made many friends this year:D
But to be true, I hate my class initially, this is reflection, so I do not want to mention much about my class. I mean, compared to other friends who come from china, it is really heaven & earth. They are so open, so friendly, so much more gentlemen. But why are my class like this? Lazy, dirty, selfish, mean. Yes, I hate them at times, or rather, many times. I rather have those friends I made in Yunnan to be my friends! :(
Alright enough said about them. I've made many many wonderful friends this year! :)
I'm happy with making new friends, because I'm sociable! Hehe :)
From the beginning, I've made friends with my classmates! :)
To medan, I know F2 and I move on to knowing everyone who went medan. People like Ariel, Zhenghao, Fadli, Jason, Jieting, Benedict, Junjie, Yaojun, JingRong... ... Many many more! They all are so wonderful!
I like Jieting's clique especially. They are so friendly, so sociable. I think their clique consist of Ariel, her, Colin, Pitsoon, Jayne? And yet I know every single one of them, except for Jayne. But she's still so friendly! Still say hi to me when I went to talk to either one of their clique. I mean, which clique can still bond with their friend's friend so sociably? I think her clique is especially fun to be with! :)
And also, I've made friends from other school like hwachong, temasek, nanyang, dunman high.
And not forgetting, I've made many many friends who came from china! Hopefully next time when I visit china, they will bring me around their hometown! :)

Holidays
This year was a great one. An almost perfect one. I was very lucky. Lucky enough to go on holiday trips. This year alone, I went to 4 trips. You can say that I'm rich or what, but I don't care. Because I know I'm not. From the not-so-good virgin trip alone w/o my family to Beijing&Xi'an to the very fierce-and-torturing-but-fun trip to Medan, Indonesia then to the CIP trip where I saw loads of friends with their true emotions, where guys cried, people cry in Yunnan and lastly to the LEP trip in Taiwan.
Beijing&Xi'an and Taiwan was 1/2month trip while Medan & Yunnan was only a week. From this 4 trips, my memories of Beijing&Xi'an was the most vague trip. So I'll skip this one. For the other 3 trips, I had fun. Real fun. Yet, in terms of companies, I love the Medan trip. We bonded till now, I'm glad. We helped each other, we had each other. We got scolded together, we played together, we had fun together. In terms of friendship, I had Yunnan. I made new friends, I made new friends who gave me new perspective of what friends from other countries actually do. I totally changed my perception. I was glad I wasn't stereotyping anymore. I was closer to them. Perhaps it was only a few of them, but I was glad new friendship was forged.
And through this taiwan trip, i had the most impact, maybe it was because I compared this to the tour guide in Beijing&Xi'an because Yunnan&Medan had no tour guide. But I like the tour guide in Taiwan especially. Perhaps many of them were in their twenties, there was no generation gap. So I was sad when I had to leave them. In fact, I cried. I was sad. Very sad. I had hangover badly.

And now, in a few days 2009 in going to end. Its going into closure. Its going into history.
What will 2010 store for me? I strongly believed in fate, and I know 2010 is going to be a better year. Though it will be an important year, a year with ups and downs, with pressure faced by many, I know I will overcome everything. For I have my friends with me. For I know they will be my guiding light, guiding me to the path where it is right. I love my friends. And I know my 18th year will be a blast one, a fruitful one, just like how 2009 was a wonderful, an almost perfect year for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment